Sunday 26 June 2011

Passions

Playing the piano has long been a passion of mine.

Having reached Grade V111, I left home and had no access to a piano for the best part of 20 years.

Since my divorce, and the repatriation of my beautiful (if not technically brilliant) piano, I have been making a huge effort to play every day.

I have always loved Scott Joplin.  He was a genius - way ahead of his time, and sadly not fully appreciated in his own lifetime.

My dad had two records of Joshua Rifkin playing Scott Joplin.  I played them over and over.

And this is the piece I loved the most.

I have just downloaded the sheet music, and much to my surprise, I am finding it easier to sight read than I thought I would.

Anyone out there who loves music.... please just have a listen.  I can't believe you wouldn't enjoy this - especially as I'm not murdering it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Like Button